Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Christmas of Firsts!!!

We must say that this has been a Christmas of firsts! To start things off, this was the first Christmas that Shawn and I have had as husband and wife. To celebrate we decorated our tree with all new ornaments and decorations. We bought them on sale at the end of last Christmas and the funny thing it, they are all blue and silver. We find this ironic as we are also expecting a baby boy! So to bring on the second first, we are pregnant and excited to know that we will have a baby boy to spend next Christmas with. (which you all know that) Third, my brother announced that they are pregnant as well! A little cousin for baby Wake to play with! Yeah!!! We had a wonderful Christmas and wish it didn't go by so fast.




We also decorated our house with lights for the first time as well! I would have to say that I think Shawn did a great job! I also have a picture posted of me and Shawn. It is hard to see pictures of me as I am growing so fast. I have been getting bigger by the day and have major pains really low at times. The doctor says it is due to my ligaments and pelvis stretching...OUCH...is all I can say! Sleeping is becoming more difficult as my hips hurt because I don't normally sleep on my side. So I am adjusting to all the changes that are occurring. But I know it is all worth it and I have a wonderful husband that is helping make it even easier.



















Here are a few of the gifts that Wake got this Christmas! Shawn's Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bennett sent these gifts and my mom bought him all the gifs in the second pictures. I would have to say that he did very well considering he isn't even born yet! But we thoroughly enjoyed getting the gifts as it made everything so much more exciting! He is being spoiled already!





We hope everyone had as Merry of a Christmas as we did and we miss and love you all!!! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey kids,
Just a little note to say we "love" you and couldn't express any more of how wonderful it was to spend it with everyone on Christmas eve and Christmas day! "Family" is what is so important in life and is what makes the holidays so "special". I can't imagine what its going to be like when Wake and his lil cousin (whom we're not sure if its a he or she yet?) running around playing and laughing with each other. I'm so excited.... Those days just can't get here soon enough. A new year is around the corner and I know its going to be a wonderful and unforgetful one because my "first" and "second" grandchild will be born....The circle of "life" is awesome.....
I love you both dearly.

Wake's gramma <3 <3 <3

Jennifer Ring Photography said...

Ya'll are so cute. And little Wakey is just going to melt everyone's hearts! Next year will be so much fun with a little man. He might not be running around quite yet but he will LOVE christmas. And I love you and I can't wait to see you this weekend. You have alot of exciting new roles to play in 2009- aunt (hopefully more than once too!) and MOMMY!!