So we went to the doctor this week for my 38 week check-up. They had us do an ultrasound to get some estimated measurments because I was measuring a little big at the previous appointment. He is currently estimating at 8 lbs 4 oz and I'm only 38 weeks. Yikes! They could be off as much as 1lb (either way). So we discussed the option of inducing for the fear that if we wait much longer he might get too big. So she checked me and I was close to 2 cm dilated and 60 to 70% effaced and he has dropped. That means that I am definitely inducable and ready to go. Unfortunatley with the holiday we were not able to schedule it yet. They are going to call me Monday morning so we can schedule it this coming week. We discussed the issue of an induction possibly leading to a c-section, but on the flip side, if we wait he could get so big that it may lead to a c-section anyways. Therefore, we plan to schedule the induction and get the little guy here! We are so excited we can't wait.
We just went to Babies R Us and bought all the last few things that were still on our registry. I have cleaned house all day and washed a ton of his things. I guess the nesting has kicked in as I want the house all in order before he gets here. I must say that I don't think he can get here quick enough. I am more than ready for his arrival. I will be going to work for part of the week to finish things up and then I'm off for 12 weeks! Woo Hoo!!!
I will post again when I find out when I'll be induced...unless I go into labor all on my own. Cross your fingers!